Caldwell Companies is a leading fully-integrated real estate firm based in Northwest Houston and we are seeking a Building Engineer to join our team. Caldwell Companies is a faith based firm that engages in large-scale commercial and residential development, real estate investments, commercial brokerage and asset management. Caldwell Companies was voted one of the Best Places to Work in 2014 and 2015. The firm is experience consistent growth both in revenue and service offerings. Our company culture is a team/family-based environment where the individual is treating with respect. We foster a fun and enjoyable work setting.
The Apprentice Engineer will be responsible for working directly with the property manager and chief engineer in implementing and maintaining the energy management, preventive maintenance, quality standards, operating objectives, and goals of the owner and Caldwell Companies. This must be done in a manner that not only protects, but also maximizes the value of the property.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with internal/external customers
- Supervise and ensure quality assurance for facility services contractors including (janitorial, food services, building maintenance, security, landscaping, service technicians, etc. as directed)
- Daily Grounds maintenance (empty trash, sweep walkways, power washing, water plants)
- Check/Clean compactor areas. Schedule pickups when needed
- Perform plumbing, electrical or HVAC requirements of the building(s) as directed
- Maintain heaters, chillers, pumps, fan coil units, etc.as directed
- Monitor and adjust all mechanical equipment as directed
- Inspect EMS, RTU’s Dailey as directed
- Document and report activities
- Respond immediately to emergency situations and customer concerns
- Inspect buildings, ground and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions
- Maintain and operate life safety/fire systems
- Perform standard engineering tasks (change light bulbs, ballast’s, ceiling tiles, fix door hinges, etc.)
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives as related to building operations
- Monitor work order system and respond to maintenance requests
- Provide Overtime HVAC and Extra Electricity readings for Tenant Billing
- Read common area meters as directed
- Check tenant build-outs daily and report to Property Manager any issues or problems with contractors
- Daily Monitoring of Project parking (Employee, contractor, delivery vehicles) to ensure compliance
- Daily monitor of common buildout dumpsters / chemical toilets. Schedule pick-ups/cleaning
- Maintain secured Electrical, Mechanical rooms and roof access. Provide access when requested
- Assist with special events
- Build and maintain effective communications and relationships with the Property Management Staff, tenants, vendors and peers.
- Overall communication style must be proactive and persuasive as well as responsive and service oriented – especially with upset tenants.
- Act as a full member of the Property Management team, building and maintaining effective relationships, managing differences of opinion, joining team meetings, sharing ideas, being persuasive and listening effectively.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Prefer Minimum 2 years building engineering/facilities management experience with significant supervisory responsibility
- Appropriate license/permit for trade as may be required, i.e. Maintenance Electrician License or City Licenses
- Must be able to handle multiple projects and changing priorities
- Strong customer service orientation
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Stooping, standing, climbing and frequent lifting of a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pump, tools, ladders) and ability to safely install rigging/lifting device
- Maybe required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime type assignments)
- Will be on call unless sick or on vacation
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Must have a basic understanding of HVAC, electrical and building systems
- Possess competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in facility and ground maintenance.
For consideration, please forward your resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Caldwell Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.