Caldwell Companies is an established and growing development, investment and commercial brokerage firm based in Northwest Houston. We are seeking an energetic, experienced person to join our restoration team as a Purchasing Agent. We offer a great, family oriented environment with the opportunity to report directly to senior management.
Caldwell Companies is searching for a Purchasing Agent, responsible for managing the budgets for our restoration business. This would include, but not limited to, understanding the details of each product in the portfolio, sourcing and assessing our vendor partners and products used, maintaining accurate costs and budgets within our Integrated Homebuilder Management System (IHMS), periodic reporting of budget variances and analysis of root cause issues, and working with construction and architects on construction cost issues and opportunities.
This position for Caldwell Companies includes representing our brand in the marketplace, fostering a positive atmosphere for customers and prospects and the Team, promoting effective and timely communication with sales, construction and vendor partners and supporting an empathetic approach to customer service. This role also requires a proactive problem solver who is engaged with vendor partners on quality execution to ensure that we understand our cost and profitability daily.
- Maintain product budgets to ensure that we understand our house cost prior to sale.
- Work with Construction to source high quality Vendor Partners to support the quality production of our homes.
- Update IHMS for changes to vendor costs on a timely and as needed basis.
- Communicate our Company Safety Program to all Vendor Partners so they understand our safety expectations.
- Periodic reporting of budget to actual for all homes in production along with root cause analysis of budget variances.
- Effective utilization of our IHMS system to document and manage construction schedule, vendor payment authorization, and vendor substantial completion activities.
- Ensure that all Vendor Partners have executed Subcontract Agreements, Schedule A’s or Pricing Agreements, and updated insurance certificates. These should be maintained both in hard copy files and electronically.
- Support Sales and Construction with the estimation of all non- standard option requests and load same into IHMS.
- Work with Vendor Partners and Construction personnel with the timely resolution of all payment disputes.
- Work with Construction and Accounting to ensure approved Vendor payments are processed weekly.
- Maintain accurate Vendor data in IHMS including insurance expiration dates, contact information, payment locations and Web Portal material.
- Supports the efforts of the Design Center to ensure that customer selections are accurate and properly loaded into IHMS. Support the timely resolution of cost and margin discrepancies that arise.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Construction Management or related field of study
- Willingness and ability to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Demonstrated success in new home or commercial construction of at least 5 years
- Working knowledge of State and Local building codes
- Passion for home construction and desire to build high quality homes
- Ability to read construction drawings and architectural plans
- Ability to understand our product and service and articulate effectively to vendor partners
- Ability to understand sequencing of work and the ability to manage through execution issues during the construction process
- Ability to understand work with diverse vendor partner base on budgeting, scheduling, safety and production execution
- Passion for safety and the ability to engage vendor partners to ensure a safe production site
- Ability to work with Vendor partners on a timely basis to resolve cost and service issues
- Knowledge of Xactimate estimating software and 20/20 cabinet software is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug free workplace.