As the Assistant Project Manager – Commercial/Multi-family Construction, you will work alongside the Project Manager to help manage all aspects of the project including planning, scheduling, documentation, cost control, general supervision, and labor relations.
- Establish and maintain project schedules using Microsoft Project or other scheduling software.
- Review plans and specification for coordination and value engineering
- Review project RFI’s, submittals & shop drawings checking for compliance to project specifications. Have the technical aptitude and ability to explain deviations if any.
- Prepare and maintain project logs recording the processing within project management software, ProCore.
- Work with Project Engineers and Superintendents to help resolve any on site conflicts and communicate with Project Manager.
- Assist in bidding and buy-out of materials, services, and scopes of work on assigned projects.
- Assist in field office set-up mobilization efforts for the project.
- Assist in the preparation and review for Subcontractor Scopes of Work.
- Assist Project Manager ensure project costs are properly documented, controlled, and forecasted on a monthly basis from initial bid through final payment.
- Assist Project Manager maintain buyout logs, change order logs, and cost reports.
- Assist with compliance and enforcement of the terms and conditions of the prime contract, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Assist Estimator and project team with preconstruction services such as plan review, estimating, subcontractor vetting, product selection, permitting, etc.
- Assist project coordinator retrieve and file all documents related to the project such as product data sheets, manuals, warranties, permits, plans, addendums, etc. and create project closeout package.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, architecture or engineering preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of commercial/multi-family construction experience.
- Experience as Assistant Project Manager or Project Engineer preferred.
- Knowledge of construction procedures, building codes, estimating, scheduling and safety procedures.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and MS project. Competency in Procore and Textura a plus.
- Strong organization, time-management, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to negotiate contracts, manage personnel, meet deadlines and goals, and maintain confidentiality.