Caldwell Companies is an established and growing development, investment and commercial service firm based in Northwest Houston. Caldwell Companies is a faith-based firm that engages in large-scale commercial and residential development, real estate investments, commercial land brokerage, and asset management. Our company culture is a family environment where the individual is treated with respect and accountability that helps foster personal growth and achievement. We have a fun work setting coupled with a fast-paced, exciting, and goal-oriented environment.
We are experiencing tremendous growth in our multifamily development and construction division along with continued increase in commercial projects. As the construction accountant, you will be responsible for financial reporting, budgeting, job costing, construction draws and all other areas of accounting pertaining to each construction project.
Day to day responsibilities
- Month-end and year-end close process including preparation of financial statements, journal entries, management reports and analysis.
- Assist with Quarterly and Annual forecasting/budget compilation, financial modeling and reporting.
- Monthly bank reconciliation and deposits
- Manage daily cash flow activity
- Review and approve accounts payable including PO and invoice processing
- Job Cost Accounting
- Loan Administration to include processing lender construction draws and loan covenant compliance and reporting
- Work with outside CPA firm for income tax preparation and financial statement review
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years multifamily or commercial construction accounting experience
- Experience with Sage 300 (Timberline) and TimberScan, preferred
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- Well organized and good communication skills
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills required.
- Exercise a high degree of independent judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Team player and individual contributor