Caldwell Companies is an established and growing development, investment and commercial brokerage firm based in Northwest Houston. Caldwell Companies is a faith-based firm that engages in large-scale commercial and residential development, real estate investments, commercial brokerage, and asset management. Our company culture is a family environment where the individual is treated with respect. We foster an enjoyable work setting coupled with a fast-paced, exciting, and goal-oriented environment.
As the Construction Phase Services Manager, you will be responsible for providing support throughout construction projects and monitoring the progress of projects through successful completion. This role is essential throughout the project from the bidding process through closeout. You will provide construction oversight and guarantee that projects are completed accurately and ensure the plans and specifications are completed on schedule required by the contract documents.
- Establish and maintain a tracking system for all project construction records (RFI’s, ASI’s, RFP/CO’s)
- Review project schedule, schedule of values, submittal schedule, and equipment matrix and list of proposed subcontractors
- Review periodic updates of all schedules
- Conduct pre-construction meeting at the site prior to start of construction
- Visit the site regularly during construction to observe progress and quality of the work
- Provide regular updates and reports of site visits and meetings
- Keep key stakeholders updated and informed of the progress and quality of projects
- Make recommendations as to correction of the deficiencies or defects
- Interpret technical requirements of contracts and judge contractor’s work performance render interpretations necessary for the proper execution or progress of the work
- Review construction materials testing
- Review and take appropriate action on contractor’s submittals
- Respond to contractor’s inquiries and questions and provide supplemental information as needed
- Clarify and interpret the intent and scope of the construction documents
- Provide assistance in the review of the contractor’s requests for change orders
- Prepare revised contract drawings to illustrate and document approved changes
- Prepare, assemble, and distribute punchlist(s)
- Review contractor’s guarantees and warranties
- Assist in checking as-built drawings in regard to certifying progress payments
- Review as-built documents for completeness at substantial completion and final completion
- Review record drawings, O&M instructions, and all other close-out documentation
- Monitor the schedule for construction phase work
- Provide milestone schedule to be submitted on a monthly basis
- Advise on warranty items, inspect warranty work, and participate in one year warranty review
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction management or related field, preferred
- 5+ years of experience in commercial construction
- Experience with Procore and Textura a plus
- Financial and accounting understanding application
- Sound Understanding of construction/engineering principles
- Willingness to travel to projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and MS Project
- Knowledge of construction procedures, building codes, estimating, scheduling and safety procedures.
- Strong organization, time-management, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to negotiate contracts, manage personnel, meet deadlines and goals, and maintain confidentiality.