Caldwell Companies is a leading, fully-integrated real estate firm based in northwest Houston. We are seeking a Development Manager to join our team. Caldwell Companies is a faith based firm that engages in large-scale commercial and residential development, real estate investments, commercial brokerage and asset management. Our Development Team is experiencing a high level of growth with the addition of two new Master Planned Communities. Our company culture is a team/family-based environment where the individual is treated with respect. We foster a fun and enjoyable work setting.
The Land Development Manager will be responsible for:
- Oversight of Paving, Utility, Landscape and various other subcontractors.
- Daily field inspections
- Oversight of civil, geotechnical and structural engineers
- Oversight of architects and land planners
- Construction project budgeting
- Construction budget variance reporting and analysis
- Maintenance of Proformas in tandem with one of the teams financial analysts.
- Contract Negotiations and Bid analysis/administration
- Scheduling including critical path analysis
- Management of Residential Property Owner’s Associations and Municipal Utility Districts with the community.
- Coordinate and assist others in market research, sales and advertising
- Manage undeveloped land to ensure appropriate level of maintenance and taxes.
- Excellent verbal and writing abilities
- Financial and accounting understanding
- Well Organized
- Ability to delegate and follow up
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Microsoft Project.
- Ability to multi-task at a high level.
- 4-10 years of experience in Civil Engineering or Land Development
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering.
Caldwell Companies is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please submit your resume.