Caldwell Companies is a vertically integrated platform of companies that includes land development, homebuilding, and commercial building. The firm is driven by its vision statement that includes the desire to build extraordinary communities that enrich lives. The day to day support of the firm’s vision is the mission of doing it right, right now. These two combined provide insight into how we desire our leaders to run each business unit. Our executive team serves to support each business unit leader with marketing, legal, accounting, investment, and other services necessary to help ensure success.
The Division Manager of Caldwell Homes is the lead role in developing Caldwell Homes into the best active adult builder in Houston, The Woodlands and Bryan College Station. The Division Manager must be a proven team leader that enjoys building teams and striving for excellence in every aspect of homebuilding. The lead position requires getting things done with a sense of urgency and ability to multi-task. Self-assurance, and the confidence to purposely drive toward results while constantly problem-solving and engaging the commitment of others is essential. A leadership style that is firm and goal oriented, and yet motivates, trains, and engages others in an enthusiastic way is important. The emphasis on building rapport and relationships with individuals and groups requires an outgoing, poised and persuasive communication style. The scope of the job requires effective delegation to proven people. The emphasis is on results without sacrificing quality ensuring that our customers and our team members receive an excellent home and work experience. The job environment is flexible, provides growth opportunity, recognition and appropriate rewards for achieving the desired business results.
- Provide team leadership, reinforce vision, establish strategic direction and drive excellence in every aspect of operations
- Responsible for overall customer and team satisfaction.
- Business unit P&L with focus on margin while balancing appropriate volume and debt exposure
- Strategically plan to ensure business unit has sufficient lot positions to meet goals
- Responsible for all operations of the business unit, including marketing oversight, sales, construction, purchasing, warranty, administration, product design, lot acquisitions and financial results
- Oversee recruiting, hiring, training and management of personnel and ensure the organizational structure is appropriate to support current and future operations
- Maintain professional affiliations and enhance professional growth and development to keep current in latest issues related to industry
- Capable of conducting product and market analysis. Familiar with lot and land acquisition. Good understanding of sales, pricing strategies and cash flow
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, or Construction Management
- 8-10 years’ experience production homebuilding and senior management experience.
- Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within homebuilding.
- Excellent analytical skills coupled with excellent writing and presentation skills are desirable for reporting to the management team.
- Must have ability to develop effective home plans and ability to price and implement new plans quickly.
- Experienced in managing budgets and understanding financial statements.
- Strong computer, Excel, purchasing and negotiating skills are required.
- Exceptional ability to successfully multi-task and utilize project management skills
Key Competencies/Knowledge Areas:
- Team leadership
- New house plan development
- Customer focus and ability to resolve homeowner issues quickly
- Develop team members through training, mentoring and other processes
- Multi-task well
- BRIX and BuildPro Software Programs
Caldwell Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.