Caldwell Companies is an established and growing development, investment and commercial service firm based in Northwest Houston. Caldwell Companies is a faith-based firm that engages in large-scale commercial and residential development, real estate investments, commercial land brokerage, and asset management. Our company culture is a family environment where the individual is treated with respect and accountability that helps foster personal growth and achievement. We have a fun work setting coupled with a fast-paced, exciting, and goal-oriented environment.
Caldwell Communities is our residential development company that has created award-winning master-planned communities throughout Greater Houston and College Station. Our signature is building amenity-rich communities centered around that elusive “sense of place” that brands it as unique and brings neighbors together. With our strong foundation as a premier developer, we have been able to partner with the industry’s best builders, designers, planners and contractors to custom design incredible neighborhoods for generations of local families. We’re committed to building extraordinary communities that foster an unparalleled lifestyle that is active and builds relationships. Caldwell Communities are more than simply places to live – they are places where lives are enriched.
We are currently seeking an Executive Assistant/Development Coordinator to assist the EVP of Development with administrative and process-oriented tasks relating to land development operations. This person will provide direct support for a multitude of tasks for the EVP and for the team directly reporting to this individual. You will be directly involved in the land development process before land acquisition, during development, and through establishment and operation of the community association and other public entities. Due to the breadth of the duties combined with the numerous parties involved in the process, the you will need to have a high-level of organizational skill, attention to detail, and coordination of internal and external clients.
Our ideal candidate should exhibit proficiency in communicating effectively both in writing and verbally, utilizing Microsoft Office and Sales Force applications, and creatively solving problems. Given the adaptability and flexibility required by the position, someone with a positive attitude, strong initiative, and a willingness to learn will be most successful in the role.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Manage e-mails for our development team lead as well as the calendars of the development team.
- Create, manage & coordinate a master development team calendar of all events, deadlines, and key initiatives.
- Correspond on behalf of development senior leaders in coordinating meetings and follow up items.
- Meet weekly with senior leaders on key items for follow up and next steps.
- Manage Project Coordinators, continuous improvement, maintaining filing system and administrative duties.
- Manage and assist in team’s productivity on projects.
- Organize and assist weekly meetings with the development team to discuss upcoming needs, key deadlines, and drive accountability.
- Coordinate and manage consultants and outside guests for priority meetings.
- Attend meetings as needed, so as to be in-the-loop on various development items.
- Monitor the success of development defined goals, adjusting as needed.
- Prepare monthly development reports as needed.
- Monitor monthly expenses and assist with budget reconciliation.
- Manage and support database management for all development projects through Salesforce.
- Assist with corporate events and tasks as needed.
- Various other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to manage details efficiently, while producing high quality work in time restrictions.
- Experience with Development and Real Estate Transactions
- Experience with Timberline, Smartsheet and Salesforce a plus
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Strong leadership skills that allow for management of many different areas and ideas
- Flexible and able to reprioritize assignments as often as needed.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and frequent deadlines
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and make suggestions
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter, positive, can-do attitude and team player.