Caldwell Companies is an established and growing development, investment and commercial service firm based in Northwest Houston. Caldwell Companies is a faith-based firm that engages in large-scale planned community, multi-family and single-family rental and commercial development along with other real estate investments, commercial land brokerage and asset management. Our company culture is a family environment focused on achieving excellence in every aspect of our business. We treat our associates with respect and provide accountability that helps foster personal growth and achievement. We have a fun work setting coupled with a fast-paced, exciting and goal-oriented environment.
The Golf Course Assistant Superintendent is a key position for Chambers Creek, a new gated active adult master planned community in Willis, TX. This once in a lifetime opportunity will help with the initial sprigging, development and ongoing maintenance of a 9-hole high end, Tom Lehman designed golf course. The golf course has Tifeagle greens, Zeon Zoysiagrass tees & fairways and Latitude Bermuda in the roughs. The course is equipped with a Toro Site Pro automatic irrigation system. Reporting to the Golf Superintendent, this position requires excellent team building and organizational skills, along with a high degree of attention to detail.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Interview and supervise golf course maintenance staff
- Ensure proper timing and application of plant nutrients & protectants
- Maintain detailed record keeping
- Demonstrate knowledge of safe use, mixing and application of chemicals
- Execute other golf course management duties as needed to maintain a high-end course golf course
- 2 years of experience as an Assistant Superintendent
- Four-year turf degree preferred or two-year turf management degree
- Texas Pesticide Applicators license or ability to obtain
- Strong work ethic and good team building skills