About Caldwell Companies
Caldwell Companies is an established and growing development, investment and commercial services firm based in Northwest Houston. Caldwell Companies is a faith-based firm that engages in large-scale planned developments, real estate investments, commercial development and construction, land investment and sales and asset management. Our company culture is a family environment where the individual is treated with respect and accountability that helps foster personal growth and achievement. We have a fun work setting coupled with a fast-paced, exciting, and goal-oriented environment.
We are seeking a full-time Level 1 Help Desk Technician to assist with the IT needs of our Associates. As an IT Help Desk Technician, you will provide fast and useful technical assistance on computer systems. You will answer queries on basic technical issues and offer advice to solve them.
Our ideal candidate must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. You must also be customer-oriented and patient to deal assist our associates.
This role is mainly at our Cypress location but may require some travel to other local area sites.
- Serve as the first point of contact for associates seeking technical assistance
- Perform troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and asking pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Escalate unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel if needed
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in Help Desk ticketing system
- Follow-up and update status and information in a timely fashion
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by associates to the appropriate internal team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, or relevant certifications and/or experience preferred
- Proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role
- Tech savvy with working knowledge of Office 365 and remote-control software (GoTo Assist).
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues and excellent break-fix skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Great customer service skills