As the Payroll and Benefits Administrator, you will be responsible for administering Caldwell Companies benefit programs and payroll process. This position provides excellent customer service to our Associates and designs quality benefits plans. You will continually investigate new benefits programs, improves existing programs, as well as administer benefits while ensuring that payroll is processed accurately in a timely manner.
- Process payroll timely and accurately, calculate and post payroll deductions.
- Serves as the Paylocity administrator by maintaining Associate information, conducting regular audits and identifying/resolving errors.
- Maintain compliant payroll legislation for withholdings and employer contributions.
- Stays up to date on current payroll and labor laws and recommends policies and procedures.
- Maintain and calculate broker commissions.
- Calculate, invoice, and collect all payroll billings to projects.
- Review and reconcile payroll records for accuracy and post payroll and benefits costs in the accounting system
- Manage and monitor employee benefits programs. Continually improve program and provide recommendations on opportunities.
- Manage 401K plan for associates to include quarter and annual tax filings.
- Ensure the processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions, and terminations is accurate and timely.
- Coordinate and process COBRA, FMLA and leave of absence requests.
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient, drug and conflict-free workplace.
- Assist in development and implementation of human resource policies.
- Collaborate and maintain communication with accounting department.
- Assist in other talent activities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of experience in payroll and benefits administration
- Knowledge of payroll and benefits software required. Paylocity knowledge a plus.
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and local HR laws and ability to keep current with all changes
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong Integrity skills and ability to be honest and ethical by following company policies and procedures.
- High level of skill in handling sensitive and confidential situations/information with the demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Proficient in MS Office Programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook.
- Strong professional and proven written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong multi-tasking, follow-through, and organizational skills with the ability to pay close attention to detail under deadline pressure.
- Strong problem-solving skills