About Caldwell Companies
Caldwell Companies is an established and growing development, investment and commercial services firm based in Northwest Houston. Caldwell Companies is a faith-based firm that engages in large-scale planned developments, real estate investments, commercial development and construction, land investment and sales and asset management. Our company culture is a family environment where the individual is treated with respect and accountability that helps foster personal growth and achievement. We have a fun work setting coupled with a fast-paced, exciting, and goal-oriented environment.
Caldwell Companies Project Manager should demonstrate the ability to manage the cradle-to-grave aspects of the entire life-cycle of a commercial, amenity, or multifamily design/build project. The position includes an understanding of process management and the ability and agility to perform work that is contracted through a variety of delivery methods The Project Manager accomplishes work primarily by means of subcontractors; however, the Project Manager has the capability of managing self-performed construction activities that benefit the project. Manage task order type and design/build projects.
Scope of Project Manager Position
Manages all aspects of project management for multiple projects including amenities, multi-family and commercial.
Essential Functions of Project Manager Position
Good working knowledge of civil, architectural, structural and MEPs. Good analytical skills and the ability to effectively use a variety of estimating, budgeting, scheduling, and reporting software tools. The ability to effectively communicate with all parties including, subcontractors, customers and peer group. Ability to travel to different jobsites within a designated geographical area.
- Manage the construction workflow process starting in the project origination phase, to include estimating, negotiation, contracting, buyout, construction administration, financial management and closeout
- Meet with Owners and Design Professionals to determine project requirements, manage client satisfaction
- Acquire and manage all building permits and other regulatory prerequisites
- Visit project work sites, clarify scope of work, and prepare cost estimates and proposals
- Evaluate projects for constructability and value-engineer cost savings
- Establish, monitor, communicate and maintain project schedules utilizing contemporary scheduling software
- Negotiate contracts, subcontracts and purchase orders to assure that all project goals are being addressed
- Proactively identify issues that could lead to problems and facilitate solutions
- Conduct and document project progress meetings
- Determine and implement the appropriate level of project control (i.e.: submittal logs, change order logs, etc.)
- Manage project costs to ensure budgets are maintained. Document and manage changes in the work to ensure the interests of all stakeholders in the project are reasonably met
- Ensure that all aspects of the project are compliant with all contract terms and legal requirements that govern the project and the community in which the project(s) takes place
- Administer client-specific programs, such as CQC, Safety, Environmental Stewardship, etc.
- Document substantial completion; manage the project closeout process to ensure timely completion
- Provide training, mentoring and coaching to assist and develop other members of the project team
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management
- 3-5 years of experience with a commercial and/or Multifamily general contractor
- Has demonstrated experience estimating and managing self-performed work activities and subcontracted work
- High level of proficiency with spreadsheets, email and other software used in the construction industry