About Caldwell Companies
Caldwell Companies is an established and growing development, investment and commercial services firm based in Northwest Houston. Caldwell Companies is a faith-based firm that engages in large-scale planned developments, real estate investments, commercial development and construction, land investment and sales and asset management. Our company culture is a family environment where the individual is treated with respect and accountability that helps foster personal growth and achievement. We have a fun work setting coupled with a fast-paced, exciting, and goal-oriented environment.
As a Purchasing Coordinator you will be responsible for being the liaison between Purchasing, Construction, Accounting and our Suppliers/Subcontractors. This would include, but not limited to, invoice/purchase order reconciliation, issuing extra purchase orders (EPO’s) when required, working with trades and vendors to reconcile outstanding issues, assistance in maintaining accurate costs and budgets within our BRIX (Hyphen Solutions) software system and periodic reporting of budget variances and analysis.
As a Purchasing Agent for Caldwell Companies, you will represent our brand in the marketplace by fostering a positive environment for customers, prospects and the Team. You will also promote effective and timely communication with accounting, construction and vendor partners and support an empathetic approach to customer service. This role requires you to be a proactive problem solver who is engaged with vendor partners on quality execution to ensure that we understand our cost and profitability daily.
- Work with construction managers, vendors, subcontractors, accounting, and management.
- Monitor and expedite the payroll process by working with construction managers, accounting and issuing extra purchase orders
- Assist in maintaining supplier and vendor pricing in BRIX
- Periodic reporting of budget to actual for all homes in production along with root cause analysis of budget variances
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports out of back-office system
- Ensure that all Vendor Partners have executed Subcontract Agreements, Schedule A’s or Pricing Agreements, and updated insurance certificates. These should be maintained both in hard copy files and electronically.
- Support Accounting and Construction with the identification and correction of Purchasing related issues
- Work with Vendor Partners and Construction personnel with the timely resolution of all payment disputes.
- Work with Construction and Accounting to ensure approved Vendor payments are processed weekly.
- Maintain accurate Vendor data in BRIX including insurance expiration dates, contact information, payment locations and Web Portal material.
- High School Diploma
- Willingness and ability to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Demonstrated success in new home construction of at least 2 years
- Purchasing and or accounting experience preferred
- Passion for home construction and desire to build high quality homes
- Highly organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand our products and service and articulate effectively to vendor partners
- Ability to understand sequencing of work and the ability to manage through execution issues during the construction process
- Ability to understand work with diverse vendor partner base on budgeting, scheduling, safety and production execution
- Passion for safety and the ability to engage vendor partners to ensure a safe production site
- Ability to work with Vendor partners on a timely basis to resolve cost and service issues
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug free workplace.