The New Home Sales Counselor is responsible for selling 55 and 65 foot patio homes uniquely designed for active-adults. We have over a dozen floor plans that have been meticulously crafted with universal design standards that facilitate aging in place features for 55+ buyers. Sales experience with this buyer demographic is a plus.
The Sales Counselor position is one of the most important roles for Caldwell Homes and we’re seeking positive, friendly, energetic personalities to join our team! This sales role is responsible for thoroughly understanding our home designs, our construction process, and unique selling position and working with realtor’s and prospects on the evaluation, purchase, construction, and closing of their new home. This role is our primary customer facing position for Caldwell Homes that includes representing our brand in the marketplace, fostering a positive atmosphere for customers, promoting effective and timely communication, and displaying high standards of customer service. If you love people and are good at sales, we’d love to chat!
- Manage the day to day sales activities of our patio home program
- Work closely with the Marketing team on strategic initiatives that drive traffic to the model.
- Effective utilization of our Integrated Homebuilder Management system to document and manage prospect traffic, customer engagement, sales agreements and communication with construction personnel.
- Periodic competitive assessments of our product positioning versus the competition.
- Develop working relationships with relevant realtors in the community to communicate brand and product positioning, available inventory, competitive positioning, and realtor incentives.
- Tour visitors/realtors through the model home and available inventory homes and homesites, explaining features and benefits of our homes and asking for the sale.
- Drive community daily to ensure that home sites are attractive and well-marked, free of debris, and working with the team to provide any corrective actions necessary.
- Open the sales office promptly and ensures that all sales and marketing material is accurate and available and representative of the brand.
- Answer and responds to all internet leads on a timely basis.
- Follow the communicated dress code.
- Manage customers with homes under construction to ensure that they follow the requirements of the sales agreement and regularly communicate the status of their home during the construction process.
- Support the efforts of the Design Center Interior Design Specialist to ensure that customer expectation of the selection process is established prior to their visit and ensure that the customer experience is excellent.
- Willingness and ability to meet or exceed customer expectations
- Demonstrated success in new home sales experience of at least 2 years
- Experience selling to active adults/empty nesters a preferred
- Associates Degree minimum, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Ability to effectively present to large groups
- Computer Proficiency and ability to learn new programs
- Outgoing personality and strong communication skills
- Ability to understand our product and service and articulate effectively to prospects and realtors
- Ability to listen to prospects needs and wants and translate our product and service to meet their wants and needs
- Ability to affectively and succinctly communicate our brand promise to realtor offices in large group presentation formats
- Ability to understand prospect objections and design strategies to overcome objections
- Ability to ask for the opportunity to build a homebuyer’s dream home
Critical Thinking Skills
- Strong problem solving skills that involve a bias to work within an established system and work with that system in order to get results
- Ability to prioritize tasks and activities to ensure that high probability opportunities are addressed first
- Is goal oriented and can react quickly to challenging circumstances and achieve the desired end results
- Is proactive, plans well and addresses problems quickly
- Is committed to doing high quality work the first time with little or no need for re-work
- Works to meet or beat community goals and objectives
- Works to meet goals and work with the team to address weaknesses that are impacting results
- Has a bias toward action and an impatience toward those that lack focus and or the ability to achieve desired results
- Is proactive, looks for problems that could impede progress and relentlessly takes responsibility for solving them
Leadership and Interpersonal Skills
- Is aggressive, however fair and reasonable in all business dealings involving prospects, customers, vendor partners and co-workers
- Is an effective communicator, active listener, recognizes diverse perspectives and is capable of facilitating synergy and collaboration
- Is polite, conversational, self- confident, comfortable to be with and non -assuming
- Has the ability to confront difficult situations and manages them to a successful conclusion
- Is organized and produces a paper trail that can be easily understood by a third party
- Embraces life-long learning and industry practices
This is a 100% commission position and will require working Saturday and Sunday.
Caldwell Companies is an equal opportunity employer.