About Caldwell Companies
Caldwell Companies is an award winning, fully integrated real estate firm with development, investment, and commercial services based in Northwest Houston. Caldwell Companies has been in business for over 30 years, is a faith-based company that develops large-scale master planned developments, engages in real estate investments, commercial development, construction, land investment, and sales and asset management. Our company culture is a family environment where the individual is treated with respect and accountability that helps foster personal growth and achievement. We have a fun work setting coupled with a fast-paced, exciting, and goal-oriented environment.
Caldwell Companies consistently ranks as a Best Place To Work In Houston by Houston Business Journal year after year! The Caldwell team is a dynamic collection of leaders and innovators embracing a simple mission: Doing it right. Right now.® This statement is the core of our philosophy on client satisfaction and is the bedrock foundation for the way we do business – always with honesty, integrity, timeliness and accuracy. If you share our vision and adhere to our values, we‘d love to hear from you.
We are seeking a motivated and driven leader eager to play a strategic role in the financial functions of the company. Reporting directly to the Controller, the ideal candidate enjoys developing and implementing processes and policies to drive efficiency and excellence. The Senior Accountant appreciates the value of teamwork, collaboration, and leadership. You are responsible for the company’s day-to-day accounting operations and Fund reporting and help support all areas of the company.
- Prepare corporate financials monthly and provide analysis for strategic planning and decision-making
- Oversee the annual budget process and work with Department Leaders to create corporate budgets along with detailed analysis
- Responsible for the day-to-day accounting of the firm’s real estate investment funds, prepare timely and accurate fund accounting reports, including net asset values, yields, and monthly financial statements; calculate investor distributions.
- Assist in multiple department reporting, strategic business planning, and forecasting
- Manage billing and collections
- Oversee the corporate credit card program and policies
- Review and monitor corporate expenses and initiate cost savings plans
- Manage the insurance programs for the company and projects including annual audits
- Manage corporate tax compliance.
- Oversee the IT technology that drives all financial reporting
- Assist in managing the payroll, benefits, compliance and human resource process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls and increase efficiencies
- Real estate development experience required.
- Accounting degree required.
- 5+ years of related experience
- Fund Accounting experience required
- Payroll, benefits, and compliance experience required.
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills required
- Software: MRI or Yardi experience preferred
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- Well organized with exceptional communication skills
- Possess a high degree of independent judgment and problem-solving skills
Compensation & Benefits
- Starting salary plus bonus
- Company benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, 401(k)
- Internal investment opportunities