Responsible for recruiting outstanding candidates to join our growing business and helping create an amazing culture that helps ensure people feel valued and are given the training and tools necessary to do excellent work. The VP RRL will develop leadership development programs, meet regularly with business unit leaders to assess personnel and training needs, meet with executive committee to discuss key personnel matters, and develop long term strategies for compensation and benefits that facilitates retention.
RECRUITMENT & SELECTION
- Responsible for full life-cycle recruiting; recruits, screens and recommends placement of team members by using creative internal and external sourcing methods include the use of various behavioral and other assessments.
- Coordinates all hiring needs and implements recruiting process that leverages all associate networks
- Partners with hiring managers to determine hiring needs
- Implementation of online recruiting strategies
- Communicates important employment information during delivery of employment offers
- Manages application/resume file and retention according to company policy
RETENTION & DEVELOPMENT
- COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Develops compensation models for each business unit with regular updates on market compensation for various roles
- Responsible for benefit strategies, implementation, and oversight
- Provides guidance and assistance to employees on various employee benefit plans
- Collaborates with Leadership Team to plan, develop and implement new and revised compensation programs, policies, and procedures in order to be responsive to the company’s goals and competitive practices
- TRAINING & LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
- Responsible for the effective development, coordination and presentation of training and development programs for all associates
- Assesses company-wide developmental needs to drive training initiatives and identifies and arranges highly effective training solutions for associates
- Maintains company-wide training performance measurements
- Advises, coaches, and mediates on personnel-related matters with associates and leaders
- Assists Business Unit Leaders with associates reviews and helps provide corrective processes as needed including removal of associates for non- performance
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance
- Promotes the Caldwell way and incorporates the Caldwell way into personnel strategies
- Promotes teamwork and is a role model for others within the company
- Performs other duties as assigned
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Minimum of bachelor’s degree in related area with 10 to 15 years of experience or 8 to 12 years relative experience in the field. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Key Competencies/Knowledge Areas:
- Proven leadership and ability to recruit and retain high performing team members
- Market awareness of recruiting firms relevant to Caldwell businesses
- Able to work on a team supporting multiple businesses and unit leaders
- History of developing internal training tools that have been effective in increasing performance across multiple business unit lines
- Experience in removing people from teams for non-performance
- Excellent communication skills
- Business Acumen: Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment
- Innovation and displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents information in a manner that gets the attention of others
Caldwell Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.